Hardware wallets use 2FA by making sure that in order to access a wallet you prove your identity by something you have (the physical wallet) and something you know (the PIN code for the wallet). 

If 
you’re serious about Bitcoin, you need to get a hardware wallet, I personally have 3 different ones.






Ledger Nano S Bitcoin hardware wallet
The Nano S has a sleek design, intuitive user interface, a wide support of altcoins (Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash, Dash, Stratis) and most importantly an attractive price tag. At the moment the Nano S sells for €79 which is around $99 making it the most affordable hardware wallet from the top 3 as well.




The company (LedgerWallet) has been around long enough to gain a respectful reputation and in all honesty I couldn’t find anything bad to say about their product. Even though I tested this product personally,  at the moment I’m still actually using a TREZOR. The main reason for this is because when I started out with Bitcoin the Ledger Nano S wasn’t around yet :)



TREZOR Bitcoin hardware wallet



The price on the TREZOR is a bit higher and is currently $179.90. I can’t say it justifies a higher price than the Nano S and therefor it’s in 2nd place in my opinion. However, as I’ve mentioned before, this is a great wallet and you can also read my full review of it here.



KeepKey Bitcoin hardware wallet




Coming in 3rd place we have Keepkey, a Bitcoin hardware wallet with a beautiful though somewhat large design. Keepkey has similar features to TREZOR and the Ledger Nano S, however there are a few reasons that make it a bit less attractive in my opinion.